Monday, January 14, 2013

Portion Control

Sometimes I will plan posts, sometimes I will write as it comes to my mind. 

Lately, I've been trying to stick to a healthier lifestyle, but it just seems like everything is off. When I try to eat less sweets, that's when people start eating them more. The moment I start eating more greens, people just seem to go to a full carb diet. WHAT on earth is going on? 

Maybe it's tougher because I start to notice what others are eating due to the fact that I won't be eating that. And that's where the cravings begin with no turning back. Maybe a small chocolate piece, a little pasta over here, a tinzy bit of a coke. 

Then I watch tv. And there is where I feel horrible. Depressing. Awful. The other day the VS fashion Show was on. Yeah, like that would've helped to get out of the deep black hole I was in at the moment. Well it did. I said to myself: If those models can be so fit, not being extremely thin, have their curves going but at an a healthy weight, I surely can. 

From that moment on, I have been extremely good. I have not cut off anything from what I eat, I just try to eat less, much, much less of carbs, sweets, and all the stuff that just make you feel guilty afterwards eating a huge amount of ice-cream or a whole bar of chocolate. 

Portion control. That was the key, and then I don't feel deprived. 


I know it's been so long since I posted something about health, fitness or anything like it. It was just because I was struggling, A LOT. I couldn't figure it out right, and I was frustrated that my weight wasn't coming down, and tried many methods, that, to be honest, lasted just couple of days and then I gave up on them. I was not happy, not at all.

Now that we have been on 2013 for 14 days, I wanted to do things right. I enrolled myself on the gym, I start tomorrow. I have been good at eating healthier. And some times I will have some good recipes to share with you! 

I hope you have a great start of the week :) 






picture from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...