Sunday, January 27, 2013

Healthy Recipe: Mushroom and Cauliflower cheese crumble

Yesterday was one of those days in which I decided to cook at home and found a recipe over the cookbook app on my iPhone and loved it.

My mom and dad were very pleased with how it turned out and I decided to share it with you guys and and see if you'd like to try it and tell me what you think about it! 



And now! the recipe: 


Ingredients: 
1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
55 gr/2 oz butter
115 gr/4 oz mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper

Toping: 
115 gr/4 oz breadcrumbs
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
25 gr/1 oz butter

How to: 

1) Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3 mins. 
2) Remove from the heat, drain well and transfer to a shallow over proof dish.
3) Preheat oven to 230°C/ 450°F/ Gas mark 8. Melt butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the Mushrooms, stir and cook gently for 3 mins. 
4) Remove from the heat and spoon on top of the cauliflower. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 
5) Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and herbs into a small mixing bowl, then sprinkle over the vegetables.  
6) Dice the butter and dot over the breadcrumb mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins or until topping is golden brown. 

And voila! the Mushroom and Cauliflower cheese crumble is ready! 

I hope you enjoy it and let me know in the comments below if you did it and if you liked it. 





picture from here. (it's not the same recipe, it's just the closest picture I could find of the one I had)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lenetta! I'm glad you liked this post! I was checking your blog earlier and really love it! that salmon looks amazing! I'm now following you <3
    xo
    S.A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...