Friday, October 12, 2012

Healthy Snacks: Pretzels

I know it's been a while since I've posted one of this healthy snack posts (sorry for the redundancy)! it been waaaay too long! 

I love Pretzels, really really love them. I have been recently obsessed. I buy them every one or twice a week when I'm a little hungry but am really not feeling like grabbing some nuts or almonds or any fruit. It is my "cheat" snack. A better option to the junk food that you buy that are full of oils, fats, salt, over fried or else. Pretzels do have salt, but is the chunky one that just give a little of taste to the whole stick. 

They are cooked in the oven. So they are "Fat Free" as in the "not fried" portion or category of the salty snacks as the potato chips you can get your hands on. And of course I had to have them while I am writing this post! (some of the inspiration came from that!) 


I really recommend to try them, of course, don't indulge too much on them, they are still carbohydrates from white flour, but it's nice to switch it up a little bit every once in a while. Plus the chunky salt will cause the retention of liquids, it absorbs them and them make you puff up. So that is a little bit of a problem. Don't worry, it will happen if you eat them 24/7. But if you just switch it up, with all the other healthy foods, every once in a while (as mentioned above) you'll be fine. 

I hope you like them as much as I do, plus how the pretzel was born is a very interesting story, and a yummy one too! you can check it out here if you want to. 

xo, 

S.A 

1 comment:

  1. Helpful infο. Lucky me I discoverеԁ your wеbsitе by
    aсcident, аnd I'm surprised why this accident didn't came about earlier!
    I bοoκmarkеd it.
    My weblog :: sharepointresourcecenter.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...