Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Red Eyeliner?

Hey Everyone! 

(see what I did there? #oldybutgoodie) 

A couple of months ago I was at University and had an event at night, I had planed that I wanted to wear a bold Red Lip to that party and wanted to apply some tips and tricks I had learned on YouTube. With the little time to do leisure things that day, I asked my mother, who was conveniently at a hair dresser, to go pick up a red lip liner to match my lipstick, she knew the shade because she helped me pick it up, so there was no problem. At least I thought that. 

When I got home, I had to get ready super fast and she got me that red pencil liner. I though "Great! it's the perfect shade!". I was getting all prepared to do my perfect Red Lip...when I noticed that it was an eyeliner...I never thought they had them in those colors. I didn't had time to think it through and just applied it to my lips and worked with it. If it can go on your lids it can't be bad for your lips (I guess). 

So here the thing is, what am I going to do with a red eyeliner? I was in such a dilemma with it that I haven't use it yet. I was researching on the web and found some awesome blogs that showed that it is a kind of wearable color if you know how to work it through. 

illamasqua
Source: London MakeUp Girl

red eyeliner
Source: London MakeUp Girl
In the picture above, London MakeUp Girl shows how to work with it and, in my opinion, looks good. Although I believe that somewhat it makes the eye look irritated and swollen. 

Another blog I visited had found a Red eyeliner in gel. This looks pretty awesome, ready? go!

Source: The London Beauty Review 
It looks so polished and nice. I know all my sources are from London, but I find that they are more risqué when it comes to all this new findings and fashion ordeals (all Europeans in general). The gel eyeliner is from the brand Inglot. 

Here is a picture from the product. Also from The London Beauty Review

Source: The London  Beauty Review
My take on wearing red eyeliner (when I finally decide to try it) would be making a thicker line of it and the lining with black the lash line with a liquid liner. I think it would tone the edginess a little more and still look good.    

What do you think? Yay or Nay? let me know in the comments below :)

xo, 

S.A

pictures from here and here

6 comments:

  1. I think there's times when red eyeliner is appropriate. It depends on how it is used :) maybe for halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a good idea, for a vampire look maybe, that would be nice

      Delete
  2. im not that adventurous with makeup so for me its a nay. i think makeup should be neutral and pretty and the red eyeliner is kind of scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I totally get that! when I first put my hands on it I was like. OH. MY. GOD. what on earth am I going to do now? keep using it a lip liner? hahaha it's a very daring color

      Delete
  3. looks cool!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is kind of daring, I'm still not sure how to wear it myself! but I love how it looks on them, specially the one with the gel eyeliner

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...