Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blast from the past: How to steal a million

Hey guys!


Lately I've been so in to old movies, i love watching the old good ones with Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and more. One of my favourite movies is "How to steal a million" from 1966 starring, Audrey Hepburn. 


This is going to be my special section for all the old movies that I am loving, that's the WHY i am calling this the blast from the past. 

Starting with How to steal a Million. This movie narrates the story of a young woman who's father has become quite a fan of forging paintings from famous artists From Van Gogh to DaVincci and auctioning the creations for thousands of dollars. The plot line is fresh and amusing, there is no way you can fall asleep during the course of it. I think it captures the humour and the conflicts with class and with respect. The things that characterized the society in that era. 


Audrey Hepburn looks beautiful in every scene including the ones where she has to dress as a maid to get out with their most precious item. The character that I loved the most, and stole all the scenes was the father, played by Hugh Griffith, he is an amazing actor and is hilarious and at the time eccentric to play the most high class forger. 


I really really enjoyed the movie is one of my favourite ones till now. It is classic, it is young and I feel it made comedy a great part of the plot.

I sure recommend you to go and watch it and get in touch with the old good movies. 

if you have some old movies to suggest feel free to leave them in a comment below. 

xo, 

S.A   

photos from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...