Sunday, February 5, 2017

Beauty | Makeup sponges

It's a new year! Actually, we are already one month in and at the beginning of the love month.

This is the first post of the year, a little late to come but, while trying to put life back in order after the holidays and all, it has been a little cray cray around here.

Without further ado, and this little introduction, I leave you with this little experience of my own.


I don't usually wear a lot of makeup, but I do love to try some new things and play around with it whenever I feel like it.

Therefore, when I can get my hands on new things and new products, I get very excited and start using it right away.

I always use a light BB cream instead of foundation because I don't like to look over the top and to be honest, my skin is pretty great, of course I get the ocasional pimple every now and then, but nothing serious and I just use a little bit of concealer to cover it up under the BB cream and I am good to go.



When it comes the time to apply the products, I normally used a flat foundation brush that I bought a while ago and really liked the results, but while traveling I came across some makeup sponges (yes, like the beauty blender, but cheaper) and, after reading and watching a lot of people buzz about them, I decided to try them.

They came in this little 2 pack with cute colors (mint green and hot pink; tbh, I bought the pack mainly for this last color) and it was really cheap, just what I needed in order to make my mind up if they work fine and if I love them or not.

Of course I had no idea how to use them properly to apply my makeup, therefore I did my thing and after I figured it out, I was able to use them.



Let me tell you all that, after a few times of using them, I really like the way they apply makeup, I love how it leaves my BB cream blended even better than the foundation brush, gives a little more natural feel, but again, I am no expert but I know the way I like my makeup to look like.

To finish up this post, you may be asking: Would you purchase a Beauty Blender? I don't actually know, because the ones I have are working fine for me, what I would actually like to try, is this small version of it in order to apply concealer to those difficult nooks around the nose and under the eye area, but for now, I just use a combo of all the different brushes to get to them. So I will not be purchasing one in the nearest future.



I hope you all liked this little post because I enjoyed writing it!

Have a great day!


With love,

Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...