Monday, June 27, 2011

Pilates, a fun and strengthening work out


Hello everyone!

For the past weeks I've noticed that I have been practically inactive and just walked from one place to another but it wasn't enough, and with the busy schedule i've been handling it hasn't been easy to find time to go to the gym or go for a jog at my blocks park. I started doing some research on line and with some advisers to see what kind of exercise was suitable for people that have little or practically no time to a long work out class so i decided that Pilates was going to be my go for workout. 

Pilates is a way of exercising that helps you loose the calories you need training you to breath well and to strengthen the upper part of your body. It actually makes your muscles grow and spreading the load all over your body. 


During my search on the web, i came across About.com and saw that they have come with a quick workout session with Pilates. You can actually do pilates without the need of all the equipments they have at studios if you don't have the time to go there. Just take a mat, any kind (i prefer yoga mats) and put it on the floor of your living room or garden, where you feel more comfortable. 

They have a quite nice variety of exercises that can help you loose the extra calories you have with you. Even though it's a more relaxed routine, it is demanding and you can feel it doing it's job on your abdominal area. It is great to tone up your whole body! 

The list of exercises include: 
-Planks
-The Hundred
-Pelvic Curl 
and finally (and probably my favourite)
- Swimming

Click here to see the routine and to try it out! 

I hope you enjoy it and I think i might incorporate more of these easy and less time consuming exercises to my healthy habits.

Love,

S.A

*Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to about.com in any way to talk about their website or posts they have. All opinions are my own. 


Sources: http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesmat/ss/QuickTone.htm , http://www.pilates-exercises.co.uk/,google dictionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...