Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Baking: Tanya Burr's Shortbread cookie recipe


As I mentioned a couple of blog post before, in my house my mom and I are baking monsters, therefore every time we come by a recipe that seems good we are going to try and test it out. 


This year, I went a little crazy and watched every Vlogmas out there in youtube, from the people I follow and I loved each and every one of them. One of  my favorites vlogmas had to be Tanya Burrs'. She has a really home-y vibe to her and I can relate a lot with her because she seems a little geek at heart and is a complete wife-y person (not trying to sound old school here, i mean it as a good thing for sure) and that is how I am and see myself as. She did one where she baked shortbread star cookies and it seemed really simple so I decided to give it a try.


I baked them on the 23rd because I wanted to take them to a little Christmas dinner party we had at one of my University friend's house. They were a success. Although the recipe was meant to be made with vanilla extract, I decided to give it a twist by adding allspice and ginger to the dough. It was a pleasant surprise! Plus, everyone enjoyed them. I took a batch of cookies to my friend and kept another batch for my family for Christmas Eve and Christmas day.


We like cookies with our Christmas toast at midnight, specially gingerbread cookies, and these ginger shortbread cookies (my twist) was a good combo.

Over all, the recipe was great, the consistency of the dough was perfect for spreading it on the table and giving them the shape with cookie cutters.

Amazing recipe!

I hope you liked this post, and comment below if you have any food that is a statement for the midnight Christmas toast! I'd love to know!

kisses,

Stephanie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...