Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A freeze on spending

I have had this idea for a while, to save money and spend it in something that is going to be the best investment for me over time. But every time I wanted to save up, things came up, social gatherings, going out for friends birthdays, eating out to catch up with friends, that one coat that was screaming my name from a far, the pair of shoes that combined perfectly with the coat, the bag that was awesome with the shoes that combined with that coat and so on and so forth, which meant I never had the availability of cash in order to save it up and create a fund for my "big" investment. 

Yeah, no shopping for me 

This time, it is all different, I have a goal and want to achieve it by the time I graduate in October (lets just call it my graduation present to me from me) and I am on a roll. This is why I am on a spending freeze 'cause there is nothing else that I need which is not of life and death. There are still social gatherings and compromises I need to attend, but there is still some discretionary money that I have budgeted in order to spend on those things. 

I have no idea on how all of this is going to go but I hope it will be great. It is worth it working towards something you really really want, and once you achieve it, the feeling is just incredible. 

Do you have a first big investment you are saving up for? let me know in the comment section below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...