Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Healthy Spotlight: Almonds

Hey guys!


I recently found a new love. Almonds. They are super nice and I find that they are a great snack to keep you going mid morning or mid evening. I like to eat them raw, just because, to me, they taste better. You can eat them toasted also. I like to steel cut them and then toast them to accompany my yoghurt and a banana. 

Ever since I started eating them I started to do some research and found out that they carry a lot of proteins and good fats that help you loose weight eating them the right way. You can eat 20-25 almonds a day because that is the optimum amount of proteins and oils that are going to be good for you, lets say 5-8 grams of proteins  are contained in each almond, so adding up they make you feel full and not starve till your next meal. 


Vegans are all nuts about almonds, they love almond milk which is a really good substitute of regular milk and even has almost the same amount of proteins milk has. As you can see, almonds have really beneficial  characteristics and components in them that will make you feel good. 

So what are you waiting for?! grab those almonds for a snack and start feeling the effect!

I hope you enjoyed this small post as much as I did writing it and sharing with you my new found love and the benefits it has for your health. ;)

xo, 

S.A 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...