Friday, March 13, 2015

Tough

People sometimes think that when you are a cheerful one you have no right to be mad or angry or feel crappy at moments. Last night, I got some really sad news. I was in the shower, and my phone started ringing, I didn't answer the first time, but it started ringing again. It was then when I knew that I had to answer. He told me what we were all waiting for in the past couple of weeks. It was almost predictable that at any time it could happen. 

One of the most distinguished people I've known, and one of the best professors I've had during my university life, passed away that day. 

Of all the people I've met, he was the wisest and most respected one who knew what he was talking about. He had experiences that you might think were brought up by a history book. He was an open book with everything. Transparent. Inspiring. Moving. 

If there is one thing that I learned from him though the time he was my professor, was to always stand up for what you believe in and to fight for what you want. I never saw him put a bad face when he had to teach a bunch of freshmans with no experience or little respect for what they might be learning. 



Sensei Maruy. You were an inspiration to many, the rock people needed to see to know that strength comes from within and you decide your path and you make of your life what you decide. He decided the path of teaching, of being the person who stands up for what he believed in. 

A thought: 

"When things get tough, the tough get going" 

And that is what I want to make of my life, and never give up on something. 

Have a good friday. And always say to the ones you love, that you love them. Life is too short. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...