Sunday, July 16, 2017

Life | 26 and moving forward

I am now 26, which feels no different than 25, and no different than 24 felt at the time. 


Life is always a journey, one that has ups and downs, good and bad parts, fears and insecurities, but it's a hell of a ride. 

As years have past, I realize that in age it might not feel different, but as a person I can see a whole new insight of how life has changed for me. 

I have been through many things the past year, that have taught me a lot. 

Having to deal with medical issues in the family is not always easy, it is one thing that may drag you down to a hole or help you grow. And I feel it helped me grow, be more thankful of what I have and of who we are as a family, we found strength although some little discussions where always on the table, but we always would go past them and work it out. 




At work I had a big change, learned from one team to enter a new one in order to learn more. I am still learning and trying to achieve more. I left my fears behind and learned that failure is acceptable and you have to learn from it. Don't keep up on making the same mistakes over and over again.

In the friend area, I had to let go of some damaging relationships that had been a heavy weight on my shoulders in order to focus on what made me happy and not to feel like my personal decisions affected others in any way. I am a simple person, who likes to spend a nice evening at home, not going out too much and I am not crazy searching for a romantic relationship (if it comes, I will let it) like most (not all) people that I had to part ways with because I am not in that stage in my life. I would like to say that I have an older soul attached to my young self. 


Loosing someone is not easy and specially knowing that the time is coming sooner rather than later, and aching at the mere thought of it is not a nice feeling. And yes, I acknowledge my pets as someone, because they are part of our family, a joyful part one.


This year  we said goodbye to my sweet lady, my bundle of joy, the little one that always wagged her tail to make us feel better whenever we were feeling down. She was the most kind, loving and patient dog ever, such a well behaved one (well she had to learn that but we all love her so much that it was a working progress when she was a puppy). She was my very first dog, we grew up together, learned together and did many things together. She gave me the most beautiful 15 years of life with her at my side and I could not thank God enough for sending her my way. She taught me the most pure kind of love one can ever receive, so selfless and well intentioned, and with her came the love for other beautiful pets, some that are gone and that she has gone to visit now and live with them in eternity and some others that are still with us as great companions. 


As I am writing this, I can’t help but feel sad nostalgic for not having her still here to pet, to hug, to feed. It was very hard to know that she had her days counted and wished every second was endless. Coming home to her was beautiful, and if I did not write sooner about her passing, was because I could cope with this feelings yet. I still can’t, but it is easier now.  This was my ode to her and to everything we went through together. 

As another important life event, leaving tears behind, I did also created other bonds, or really strengthen them and with them, my partners and I created our own business. We have been working hard ever since we decided to dive into it. It has been amazing how much we have learned on what to do or how to do it, handling clients, creating orders, being patient and so much more. 

I also bought my first car!



It has been an amazing learning process, all of this year has been, and I can’t express how grateful I am of everything that has happened, although some sad moments came up, I can grasp as many happy memories from the past, that I can say “it was all worth it”. 


To the past and to the future, as the past shapes who we are in the present and how it prepares us for the future. 

For the ones I love, loved and will love, to everyone and everything that come my way this year. 

26, a happy new year in my life. 


With all this said, I hope you enjoyed my little ramble and reflections, and always remember that everything happens for a reason. And that reason, is now. 

Have a great time. 

With love, 


Stephanie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...