Monday, November 30, 2015

Baby Shower - Baby Thais


Today, lets get into baby-fever mode for a bit because I will be telling you everything (well, maybe not everything but a lot) about my baby cousin's baby shower for baby Thais (my precious little 2 month old niece). 

My cousin found out she was expecting Thais mid January, when summer was all in its glory and when you couldn't run away from the heat. It was a bit of a shock to be honest, I almost (certainly did) cried. I am pretty sure I made a post about it before, but it got lost when my wordpress blog crashed. I cried not because I was sad, it was because of an emotional battle inside me was taking place and did not really knew how to react. Once I decided that it was a good thing, I cried of happiness and because I was really truly thankful to be there for her in every step of the way. 

Once the months went by, we started freaking out because we had to plan a baby shower. and here is the part where I cried...yet again (you might think I am a crier, well...yes in deed). I received a message that made me quite happy, so naturally I sobbed. Just a little. To make it much clearer for you, my cousin has 3 brothers, so she is the only girl and has no sisters. Here is the beautiful part, she told me she wanted to me to help her plan her baby shower because I am the closest thing she has for a sister. See where the tears came from? Am I a little forgiven for crying so much? I hope so. 

Another month came around and we started preparing for the big day. A lot of venue hunting, scheduling, budgeting, color decisions, cake tastings and more was going on and everything was harder than we have thought. We decided to make everything on our own, from the food to the decorations. Color of course had to be pink, in every for, shape and shade. She figure out her baby was going to be a girl, so obviously all of us were thrilled about it.  






The date was getting closer and closer and we could only think about so little and so much at the same time.



- Date: August 29th. 
- Venue: Auntie's house.
- Time: 6:00 pm 














Everyone had arrived, decorations were on point, my cousin was so super happy, we had a show planned to help open the presents and make the evening much lighter and fun. The table was filled with sweets, had pretty flowers on the sides, helium filled balloons and a lot of happy guests. 

We definitely had worked long hours  to make it all possible. We all had dark circles under our eyes for working so much the night before, but it was all worth it. 

My cousin was, at this point, 33 weeks in to her pregnancy, and we were all praying for her not to deliver after the baby shower, because it is common, with all the walking and worries that everything goes well, that pregnant women deliver earlier, therefore we would not rest until she had delivered. 

Thankfully it did not happen, and we were able to rest and have a joyful time with the people we love the most. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. I have some more to come in the next few days. 

Have an amazing time and I hope you liked what we did. Planing a family affair is always fun of you all are involved in every step of the way. 

kisses, 

Stephanie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I hope you have a great experience here and that your day is a little more bareable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...